3 Cricket IPL Tips for Bettors
The Indian Premier League is the most popular national Twenty20 cricket competition worldwide. More importantly, it’s the most wagered league among sports betting lovers who bet on cricket.
If you have little to no experience betting on cricket, you’ve come to the right page. This article will present the essential three tips cricket IPL bettors should consider before making their first wager.
Without further ado, let’s check those three tips, along with the examples.
One of the most serious mistakes that IPL bettors make is placing uninformed bets. We live in a day and age where finding the correct information has never been easier. If you have an internet connection, use it for research and learn more about the upcoming match you want to bet on.
Note that you should research both teams and their players. Try finding more about the teams’ past performances, head-to-head statistics, and their overall position in the league. Moreover, make sure to read forums and other online communities revolving around cricket (and especially IPL) to find out some interesting tips and tricks for wagering on the upcoming matches.
Crictips is all about information. Instead of letting you do the grunt work and lose hours and hours searching for helpful information for the match you want to bet on, you can check out our match predictions instead. We are a team of cricket betting experts, and we cover every IPL match while also focusing on the players, the weather, the pitch, and more. We provide a detailed overview of matches and ultimately make a winner prediction.
All our predictions are well-informed. It means our team carefully examined many reputable sources and used its IPL betting experience to write an overview and suggest the possible course of action.
If you want to bet on cricket games outside IPL, we got you covered. As a #1 Indian cricket tips site, we also cover the Big Bash League, Super Smash League, T20 World Cup, T10 League, Women’s Big Bash League, and more.
Don’t Let Emotions Take Over
Emotions are a funny thing. They sometimes take full control over us and dictate our actions without us realizing it.
There’s nothing wrong with relying on your emotions when betting on IPL, especially if you have a favourite team and you root for them to win. Moreover, emotions are welcome, as they make the entire experience of watching cricket unique. However, the part where emotions control us is something we should be wary of, as they can lead to spending much more money than originally intended.
If we fail to recognize our emotions when they arise, we can even risk developing a gambling problem. This ultimately kills the mood, and betting on cricket fails to be fun. It just becomes an endless cycle of chasing losses.
So, how can you make sure that you’re not letting your emotions take over? Simply put, you need to be more aware of your actions. Whenever you want to make an impulsive bet, you need to stop and think about it — do you want to do it? Is it really the wisest choice at the moment?
Some people can naturally control their emotions better than others. If you belong to the latter, perhaps practices such as meditation or yoga can help you channel the emotions better and become more aware of your actions.
Therefore, let yourself feel emotions when watching IPL, but when betting on it, use your reason. Ensure that you have all the information required to make an informed bet.
Select a Cricket Betting Site Carefully
Finally, picking the best bookie is essential for the best IPL wagering experience. Some of the things you need to take into account when selecting a bookmaker are:
- Cricket availability — Is cricket available on the bookie of your choice? Can you find IPL among the available cricket options? In most cases, if there’s cricket, there’s probably IPL too.
- IPL odds and betting markets — If IPL is available, you need to check whether there are enough betting markets for a complete wagering experience. Are there outright bets? Can you bet on the best bowler? What about most innings? Cricket’s rules allow for many types of bets, and the more they are available on the platform of your choice, the merrier.
- Geo-restriction — Is the bookie available in your area?
- Bonuses and promotions — Are there any bonuses for new members? Can you take part in some ongoing promotions once you become a regular customer? Are there any IPL-specific promos or boosts?
- Security and licenses — Is the platform of your choice secure? What kind of security protocols does it have? What type of license does it hold? Which jurisdiction provided the license?
- Available payment methods — To place bets with real money, you need to make a deposit first. Every bookmaker accepts a set of deposit options, and some of them might be more suitable for you than others. Also, pay close attention to the minimum and maximum limits and withdrawal times.
Crictips will always suggest a bookmaker with the best odds for every IPL prediction you read on our website. All of the bookies featured on our site are licensed, regulated, and trustworthy, as they are home to thousands of cricket lovers from India.
If you’re not sure which one of the featured bookies is the best for you, we suggest reading our detailed reviews.
Hopefully, our article helped you understand how to improve your IPL betting and avoid the possible pitfalls when placing bets or choosing a bookie.
To sum up, here’s a quick overview of the three essential pieces of advice for betting on IPL.
First, you should do in-depth research to make an informed bet rather than following your gut. Alternatively, you can read our detailed IPL predictions.
Second, you need to master your emotions and make sure that they never dictate your actions.
Finally, you need to pick the best online bookmaker that offers competitive odds and covers a range of IPL betting options. Or simply take a look at our suggestions and pick one.