Netbanking – A Guide
Online operators often offer exciting deals in an attempt to attract new customers. However, the same cannot be said for payment methods. In fact, some providers only offer two or three methods. This might be acceptable for some players, but the available options may not be suitable for many others. The problem is that not everyone uses the same service or banks the same way. Online operators aiming to give users a polished experience will offer multiple popular payment methods. Netbanking, for example, is an excellent choice for players across India.
This Netbanking payment guide offers potential players everything they need to know before choosing the payment method as their favorite option.
What is Netbanking and How Does it Work?
First launched in 2002 by India’s very own ABN AMRO Bank N.V., Netbanking is an internet-based banking method that was developed with Indian users in mind. It can be used to make deposits and withdrawals from many cricket betting sites, as well as casino gaming operators. Simple, inexpensive, secure and reliable, Netbanking makes it easy and affordable to play almost anywhere.
Netbanking works by offering its users a secure online portal. High-level encryption is used to keep users’ personal information safe. Once a user has opened an account, they can make safe payments at betting sites that do not require them to use their credit or debit cards. Instead, Netbanking connects directly to their bank account, making the payment process very straightforward and convenient.
How to Deposit Using Netbanking
Once you have found an excellent operator that accepts Netbanking and have opened an account with them, making deposits is simple.
- From the operator’s website, log in and visit the “Cashier” (sometimes also labeled as “Banking”) and click on the “Deposit” option.
- Next, select either “Bank Transfer” or “Netbanking” as your payment method of choice.
- A list of banks will open. Click on your bank.
- You should now be directed to log in at your bank using your PIN and customer ID.
- A one-time code will likely be sent to the mobile phone number registered at the operator’s website.
- Confirm your deposit.
- Make your first bet. The transaction should be processed immediately.
Note that while the steps above will work for most players, sometimes a casino or sportsbook does things their own way. If you cannot find the options explained above, don’t hesitate to reach out to the operator’s customer support.
How to Withdraw Using Netbanking
Withdrawing funds from operators using HDFC Netbanking is just as easy as making a deposit. Here are some simple steps to follow.
- The first step depends on whether the operator takes part in a “Know Your Customer” (KYC) program designed to prevent money laundering. If so, be ready to enter some basic personal documentation and information.
- Navigate to “Cashier” and choose “Withdraw” from the list.
- Enter your Indian bank Netbanking details, along with the amount of funds you want to withdraw.
- Make sure your withdrawal is within the website’s maximum and minimum values.
- Keep an eye on your bank account for your funds. You can expect them to arrive within one to three days, although some providers might process them more slowly.
Note that just as with the withdrawal process, some sites do things differently. Even then, the process should be similar to the one outlined above.
Benefits of Using Netbanking for Online Betting
There are many benefits of using Netbanking for online betting sites in India. Potential users should keep these points in mind when deciding if Netbanking is the right banking choice for them.
Some of the pros include:
- Netbanking transactions are safe. They use advanced security and encryption protocols to keep their users safe.
- Transactions are completed quickly. Deposits are usually processed immediately, and even withdrawals are processed in a timely manner.
- Netbanking does not charge users fees when using the service for deposits.
- Users will not face any limitations on deposit amounts as long as they are within the minimum and maximum values set by the operating site.
- The security methods imposed by Netbanking give players protection between the betting site and their personal information.
Potential Drawbacks of Using Netbanking When Betting Online
In addition to its many advantages, Netbanking does have a few potential drawbacks to keep in mind.
- Withdrawal processing times tend to vary greatly depending on the site and banking provider.
- Other payment methods are sometimes more readily available at Indian betting sites.
- Some banks charge a fee for using Netbanking. However, Netbanking does not impose its own fees.
Alternatives to Netbanking for Cricket Betting
There are alternative payment options available for cricket bettors, too. These include:
- AstroPay: While Netbanking links exclusively to bank accounts, AstroPay helps Indian players use alternative methods when depositing and withdrawing.
- PayTM: PayTM is an up-and-coming payment provider in India, and more
cricket betting sites are accepting this payment method.
- PayPal: PayPal is a simple payment option for Indian players. It requires users to use their own banking information, however, and is not always accepted at cricket betting sites.
Our Honest Opinion About Netbanking
We think that Netbanking is a versatile payment option for Indian bettors and players. Several of our favorite sites offer Netbanking because the process is so convenient and straightforward. While there are a few drawbacks, they are nothing compared to the security that Netbanking provides.