IND vs WI: Top 5 Players of India Who Should Be Included in IND VS WI Series
India’s recent loss in the World Test Championship Final against Australia was disappointing, but the focus now shifts to the upcoming series against the West Indies. With the World Cup on the horizon, Team India is preparing for an extensive tour comprising two Tests, three ODIs, and five T20Is. This presents an excellent opportunity for the Indian team to test their bench strength and give young players a chance to prove themselves on the international stage.
This article will highlight the top 5 players of India likely to shine in the much-anticipated IND vs WI series.
- Akash Madhwal: Akash Madhwal’s impressive performance in the IPL 2023 caught everyone’s attention. With 14 wickets in just eight matches and an economy rate of 8.59, Madhwal showcased his raw pace, swing bowling, and deceptive variations that can trouble even experienced batsmen. The upcoming West Indies T20I series is the perfect platform for him to exhibit his skills and stake a claim for a permanent spot in the national squad, especially with India’s search for death bowlers in the absence of Jasprit Bumrah.
- Jitesh Sharma: Jitesh Sharma, a power-hitter and agile wicket-keeper has been a standout performer for the Punjab Kings in the IPL. Scoring 309 runs in 14 innings at an average of 23.77 and a strike rate of 156.06, including three scores above 40, Sharma emerged as the third-highest run-getter for his team. His ability to score quick runs and inject energy into the middle order makes him a valuable asset in the T20 format. With his consistent performances, Sharma will likely make his T20 debut during the West Indies tour.
- Mukesh Kumar: Mukesh Kumar’s impressive performances in the IPL 2023 for the Delhi Capitals and his stellar form in the Ranji Trophy for Bengal have earned him attention. Known for creating movement with the new ball and displaying composure even in the death overs, Mukesh has the potential to handle pressure and get the job done. As India looks to develop a new generation of fast bowlers, Mukesh Kumar perfectly fits the bill. With his ability to consistently challenge batsmen by hitting the right areas, he has been on the fringes of the Indian team for some time and could make a mark in the series.
- Rinku Singh: Rinku Singh proved his mettle during the IPL 2023 while representing the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). Finishing as KKR’s highest run-scorer in the tournament, Singh amassed 474 runs in 14 games at a strike rate of 149.52, including four half-centuries. His remarkable scoring ability and average of 59.25, the highest among players batting in positions four to seven, have certainly captured national selectors’ interest. Singh eagerly awaits a potential call-up to the national T20 squad, and his inclusion in the IND vs WI series could add significant firepower to the team’s middle order.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal: Yashasvi Jaiswal has been making waves in First Class and T20 cricket. His exceptional performance during IPL 2023 indicates that he has the potential to become the next big thing in Indian cricket. Jaiswal’s fearless approach, youthful energy, and outstanding numbers in the IPL season—625 runs in 14 matches with an average of 48.08 and a strike rate of 163.61. His remarkable contributions, including five half-centuries and one century, caught everyone’s attention. Jaiswal earned a well-deserved call-up to the Indian squad as a standby player for the WTC Final. Teaming up with Shubman Gill at the top of the batting order, Jaiswal holds immense potential to form a formidable opening duo for the team.
As the IND vs WI series approaches, including these 5 players of India in IND vs WI could prove pivotal for Team India’s success. From Akash Madhwal’s bowling prowess to Yashasvi Jaiswal’s explosive batting, these players have the skills and potential to make a significant impact. Fans eagerly await their inclusion in the XI, hoping for a successful series against the West Indies. Stay tuned to witness these budding stars shine on the international stage.